Saturday 15 February 2014

D&D Next Adventure Contest

We're now halfway through the submission period for EN World's D&D Next Adventure Contest. The challenge is to write an adventure based around one of five ready-made maps, with entries judged by a panel of star judges. The winner gets a print copy of "Ghosts of Dragonspear Castle" signed by the Wizards of the Coast staff. If you haven't started writing, you now have just under two weeks to put together your own submission!

So far my adventure features a mind-flayer, some intellect devourers, and a young cook whose mind has been accidentally swapped into the body of an owlbear. "Mind Blast!" is a bit of a lighthearted adventure, and I'm having a hoot writing it (excuse the pun).

I'll have more to share when I'm done, but for now I just wanted to show off one of the pictures that Stacey has drawn for the adventure. This is poor Greta the Owlbear, and she'd very much like her body back!

2 comments:

  1. That is an excellent drawing--I love the appearance of dread in the creature's face. I do hope the owlbear might consider continuing to cook for a living; although she might make a better baker. An owlbear could roll out some sizable dough for some pies, surely. And crimping the edges would never be easier with claws like that. You're definitely thinking along the right lines with plots like this. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the kind words, PR! Poor Greta might very well end up in a bakery - I can't get the image out of my head now!

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.